Saturday 15 October 2011

Broken Hands

So I performed my first gig this last Thursday with my band Penguin Park. First gig ever. The first gig ever. I can just keep going on saying that. :P First gig ever. Ok, I guess I need to stop now. I have never been this happy ever in life. An amazing reception, more than 90 people. N I N E T Y FUCKING PEOPLE! :O I never imagined that. That 1 hour is something I would want to relive right this very moment. And I could do that every fucking day. Play a gig every night. WOW. Anyway. Thanks to everyone who came and made our first gig successful, it really really means a lot. And well, thanks for the support from the people who really wanted to come but couldnt make it.

After the gig, my back and neck have completely gone for a six. I can barely move my neck backwards, I cant bend and I ended up having fever in the morning today. But something really happened a while back. I went to M-Block for a quick snack with Devesh, then went to his house and we just hung out, got in touch after a long time and then watched this movie called Four Lions for sometime. Then when I came back home, I picked up the guitar. Id got new strings put in before I went to Maldives, and well I had not touched the guitar after that. It felt sooo different. It was as if I never played that emotionally. My hands just flew, and the notes just followed. Amazing harmonies and concepts were running through my head. A very Trivium/Machine Head sort of feel. I imagined something very melodic, but with a mix of growling and melodic vocals. Something that would really send a message. Sometimes when you just feel like - Fuck You, I dont care. I dont want to care. It was as if for the first time, I was able to transfer the feelings from my mind to a wooden instrument  and bring them out with a plastic orange colored pick in my hand by hitting six strings which were on it. So yeah, hopefully Ill start working on something tomorrow. Something new, something fresh. Not the usual, that is - according to what ive already made and composed with fellow musicians. Theres one more thing that Ive noticed, whenever I watch a documentary or the making of albums that I really like, I REALLY GET INSPIRED and I go - WOW! How did they do that? :O I recently watched the making of Trivium's In Waves record. I love the record, one of my top favorite ones, and I really got inspired. I just hope I find people to collaborate with as well, as I feel that that just adds more to my music, gives it a whole new meaning. Its like sometimes, things go through my head which are ideas and styles of fellow musicians and I go like - This guy would be sooo right for this part, or this guy could make this part soo much better by adding his own touch. And then there are the listeners, fellow musicians who appreciate what you do and guide you to do better. Thats like, youre done with something - Ill send it to this person, that person and that person. Get it right? When all of this is done, I am left with not just one idea, but other many ideas that are practical, amazing and that in the end help me grow as a musician. I would like to thank all my fellow musicians over the years - The ones ive played with, the ones ive composed with, the ones ive competed against. And finally, the ones that just like listening to what I make. All of them make me what I am today, as a musician. And how can I forget, the biggest thanks to Sonam Sherpa for making me a better guitarist. Thank you Sir! :D

I just hope that I remain happy for a decent amount of time. I really needed something to regroup after the insanely horrible half yearly result. At this moment, I feel motivated. things seem sort of clear and I feel determined. "I feel the rage, and it burns the pages, of all these yesterdays." I shall look forward. Listen to TRIVIUM NOW! :'D

0 comments:

Post a Comment